January 22nd, 2019


Last Sunday night, I got an email about setting up a home apothecary. It was an ad obviously, however I went to the page and I downloaded the free guide. Then this Sunday I went to the store and I bought some of the ingredients. I bought the stuff to make a health drink that my co-workers told me about, I bought the stuff to make a rubs for your feet and chest when you have a cold, and I bought the stuff for a congestion and cough remedy. Last night I put the shelf back up in the kitchen so that I could have all of my stuff in one area. The shelf is uneven, even after Heather helped me put it up. I have added some of the recipes that I put in a binder in page protectors. I also went through my other books with ideas in them, and pulled out anything that looked like it could be for the home apothecary.
 
My goal in 2019 is to waste less, whether it is from bringing my own bags to the store - which I forget to do 95% of the time so far this year - or it is making homemade deodorant. Which I have done, but I would like to make a better version.
 
Last night I put together the drink that my co-workers told me about. I put everything together at night and let it sit and then add hot water in the morning. I did that, it's not terrible but it's hard to drink all at once. You're supposed to drink it hot, and I have gotten about 3/4 of it down, however it's not hot anymore, so I think I'm going to go add some ice and cold water to the jar, maybe it will taste better cold? *It does not, only tastes watered down*
 
I don't want to go crazy doing this like I do every spring with gardening or some sort of project. However yesterday I did watch videos on how to grow ginger, (because now I freaking love ginger!) and how to grow garlic from the plants you already have. I plan on working on that this coming up weekend. Another thing I want to do this weekend is clean out the upstairs linen closet because 1 - it is driving me crazy and 2 - we could be putting sheets and stuff in it but it's so damn crowded. And most of that stuff is stuff that I do not actually need. For instance, I have a ton of school supplies, spirals and binders and stuff like that, it might be wise to save the untouched spirals but I also have plenty of touched sprials. Think what I will do is go through all of the closet on Saturday, and bring a lot of stuff to work to put in the cabinets here - it's more likely that it will get used, and it will clear up the closet. Once I clear out the closet then we can use the shelving in the closet to hold t-shirts and stuff. I know that Heather does not particularly like hanging her t-shirts, if we could get her t-shirts folded and on shelves, it would clear up a ton of room in the closet. Same thing with sweaters. I think that I will watch that organization lady on Netflix and see what tips I can get from her before we tackle the closet.
 
I'm very clearly going through a manic state again. Last night I was getting rid of purses and Heather asked me about one in particular. She said she knows that I love that one, I told her it does not bring me joy, because it's too difficult to actually use (got that does not bring me joy thing from hearing about the show on Netflix). She said that she does not want me to get rid of a bunch of stuff in my manic state and then regret it later. She is right - which is why I will put all the stuff that I'm going to get rid of into the garage, have Maria and Cara over to look at it, and then I will get rid of it. If I have any regrets hopefully I will be able to deal with them before I get rid of the stuff completely. The way that I look at it is that I will get rid of some stuff, and that gives me room to buy new stuff LOL.
 
My blog is going to start taking a different format, not going to wait until I have a movie to blog about, because obviously that has not been happening for a while. Instead I will blog about the things that I am trying to do in my life to make less waste and do more things at home. Yesterday my mom and I were talking, and she mentioned that we are both 'idea people' and that getting things going is where she, and I, to a lesser extent, have issues. I totally recognize this to be true, which is why I'm not going to bite off a bunch all at once - baby steps is the key.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

August 4 2015 - #MistysMovieTrails / Square of The Day

November 27 2014

May 1st, 2014